Traffic & Pedestrian Signals

 The Electrical Division is responsible for most of the traffic signals and pedestrian signals within the City of Royal Oak (exceptions are those on Greenfield, 12 Mile, Woodward, I-696 service drive and a few other locations); these are maintained by the Oakland County Road Commission, please call OCRC at (248) 858-4804.  For all others please call the Department of Public Service at (248) 246-3300 during normal working hours 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. M - F and Police non-emergency at any other time at (248) 246-3500 to report a traffic signal or pedestrian signal outage.


Street Lights

In an effort to control costs, the city has taken over the ownership and maintenance of street lighting installed with Federal funds in conjunction with roadway projects. The Electrical Division currently maintains over 700 street lights within the City of Royal Oak as well as the decorative lights in the downtown area of Royal Oak.  However, most street lighting is maintained by DTE, please contact DTE at 1 (800) 477-4747 or to report an outage electronically please contact DTE streetlight outage



The Electrical Division also maintains city buildings and facilities as well as providing electrical power for various city-related special events.

St Lights