- Drain all flood waters and/or sewage by natural draining or pumping.
- Remove dirt, soil and debris from surfaces that came in contact with the flood waters and/or sewage.
- Wash down all walls, floors and surfaces that the flood waters and/or sewage touched with clean, warm or hot water and a low suds detergent.
- Rinse again with warm or hot water.
- Sanitize by rinsing walls, floors and surfaces using one of the following mixtures:
- 2 tablespoons of Lysol/Pine-Sol per gallon of water used.
- 8 tablespoons of laundry bleach (i.e. Clorox, Roman Cleanser) in each gallon of water used.
- Air out/vent the area by opening windows and/or using fans.
- Prevent tracking of flood debris and sewage into clean areas.
After clean up, make sure that all clothing and body parts that came into contact with flood waters and/or sewage are thoroughly washed. Be sure to wash hands immediately.