When connected to the Library's Wi-Fi network (ROPLPublic) you can download a print client (SmartALEC) and send print jobs to our printer in the Adult Computer Lab. The SmartALEC mobile printing app is compatible with all current releases of Windows, Apple and Android mobile devices. To use the mobile printing app your device must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Windows OS 7, 8 or 8.1, 10; Mac OS 10.7, 10.8 Mountain Lion or newer; 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 Mavericks or newer; Android OS 4.4.2 Kit-Kat or newer; iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) iOS 7 or newer
- Chromebooks are not supported in this version of the app
The SmartALEC mobile printing app is not destructive to the user's device in any way.
There is a charge for printing: $1.00 per page for color prints; $.20 per page for black and white prints.
First Time Users:
- Click Here for Windows users. A zipped file will download. Extract the file and install the executable. A small window will appear on the bottom right corner of your desktop.
- Click Here for Mac OSX users. A zipped file will download. Extract the file and install the app. A small window will appear on the bottom right corner of your desktop.
- Android devices version 4.4.2 and newer. Click Here. This link will take you to Google Play where you can download and install the SmartALEC app.
- iPhone, iPad, iPod users, Click Here. This link will take you to iTunes where you can download and install the SmartALEC app.
Once you've installed the appropriate SmartALEC app for your device you can login with your library card number and PIN. At this point, any print job you submit to the "Wireless Printer" can be retrieved at the Print Release Station in the Adult Computer Lab.