IT Coordinator & Webmaster
Host of Monday Night Walk-In Technology Help Sessions
Thank you to all who participated in the 2013 Youth Summer Reading Program. Pick up your free book that you earned by being part of Dig Into Reading. The books are available in the Youth Activity Room through August 3.
Trustees must promote a high level of library service while observing ethical standards.
- No individual board member shall order or instruct the Director or any staff member to perform any service or duty unless first approved by a majority vote of the Board.
- The parking permit issued by the City of Royal Oak to each trustee should be used only when the trustee is involved in library business.
- Any participation in any local, state or national conference is the financial responsibility of the library trustee.
- A library trustee cannot demand or expect special privileges as regards any of the services of the library.
- A library trustee shall disclose any conflict of interest prior to any deliberation or decision of the Library Board with respect to the matter of the conflict, and shall refrain from participating in any deliberation or decision where the trustee has such a conflict.
Number 1 was adopted 3/14/78.
Numbers 2, 3 and 4 were adopted as “Local Board Policies and Resolutions” 1/27/98
The mission of the Royal Oak Public Library is to be an informational, intellectual, cultural and recreational resource for all people; to inspire the spirit, educate the mind, and be a center of community pride.
Adopted: 1/27/98; revised 9/28/99; reaffirmed 10/28/2008, 10/24/2009, reaffirmed 12/6/2011
Visit the Friends Used Book shop in the Library! You will find some fine bargains and help the Library too. The Friends have great deals on books, magazines, and videos; and, though small, a surprising variety and range of materials. Stop in on Mondays and Wednesdays 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM, Thursdays 12:00 - 8:00 PM, and Saturdays 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Call the library at 248-246-3700 to find out how to donate or if you would like to volunteer as a shop worker!