Step 1 - Download and install free app
- In order to transfer Adobe eBooks to an Android or Apple device, you have to download the OverDrive Media Console app to your device.
- Download OverDrive Media Console app: www.overdrive.com/software/omc
Step 2 - Add your library to the OverDrive Media Console app
- With the OverDrive Media Console app open, click on Get Books + on the top right of the screen (Apple) or after you click the menu button (Droid).
- Click on Add a Library +
- Put in your Royal Oak zip code and press Search.
- Click on Royal Oak Public Library.
- Click on Midwest Collaborative for Library Services.
Step 3 - Check out, download, and enjoy
- Browse or search OverDrive for Adobe eBooks. When you find a title you're interested in, add it to the BookBag and check it out.
- If you come across a title that you are interested in checking out later, you can add it to your 'Wish List' and save it for later or checkout the same day.
- If a title is not available, you can place it on hold. You will receive an e-mail once your title is available for checkout. You then have 3 days to checkout the available title. You can place up to 10 titles on hold at a time.
- Once you have checked out a title, a Download button is displayed. Click this button to have the title downloaded to your device.
- The OverDrive Media Console app will automatically open and display the title at the top of the list.
- You may have 10 titles checked out at a time.
- You will never accrue late fees with titles you download from OverDrive. Titles expire at the end of the 14-day loan period, and they are automatically returned to the library. The title will remain on your device, but will not play anymore. You will have to delete it manually.
- Titles cannot be renewed, but you can check them out again if they are available when the checkout period ends.